Background

Monday, June 8, 2009

The love of a little girl

I don't know why but the day Mikayla did this, my heart was so touched.... the love of a child is truly amazing. While this isn't a huge deal... it really meant something to me. We were out finding some garage sales to find the "deal of a life time" and at this one house there was this little, beat up, neglected, filthy dirty baby doll... complete with nasty nappy hair and all that had definitely been cast aside for a long time. Mikayla saw her and was carrying her around the sale while I was looking around, well she just absolutely fell in love with her. I really didn't want to buy her but being she loved her and it was a garage sale... I figured why not. So we bought her and promptly went to Walmart to buy the new dolly an outfit because the clothes she was wearing were even filthy and worn out. So we picked out a new outfit and went home and got to work right away cleaning this little doll up.
Mikayla is so incredibly happy to have this new baby doll but to me it showed me her true character.... she picked out something that everyone before us had passed up... wanted to give her some TLC and a new lease on life and is doing just that.

So for this little doll ..... she got the deal of a life time.



1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a sweet story!!!