Background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An honerable farewell

Recently we went to a military funeral for a very dear family member. This man served our country for over 30 years and even when discharged continued civil service. I will always remember him for his strong opinionated ways, hysterical humor, political views, awesome tenderness with the kids. He was a mans man.

I was so incredibly touched by the service, the horse drawn ride from the ceremony to grave site, playing taps, the gun salute and the presentation of the flag and casings..... a very emotional experience.

Mikayla and her cousin were able to ride along behind the horse next to the seasoned vet. I gained a whole new appreciation for what these men/women do even after they retire, they make it possible for families to still have the honor by those that know what it's like to serve. It was a very touching service.











A very touching experience and it makes me so appreciative. He will be missed. It was an honor to know him and to bid farewell to him with the respect he deserves.

No comments: