Background

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Painted Puppy Days

Mikayla had a field trip with her class this week to a place called Plaster Fun House. Mikayla came home with a little puppy that she painted. I mentioned to her that IF she made it for me I would be soooooo happy to have it on my desk at work and how beautiful it is….. she said “well Mommy, I did make it for you.” Of course, I was very excited about this!! I love seeing her thumbprints all over my desk (which there are quite a few!!). She then follows up to say that it would be ok if I showed all my friends at work… so you KNOW I’m happy to do that… then the continues on to say that maybe they would write her a note. Well you KNOW that I took my assignment very seriously. My friends at work were sooooo happy to comply (thank you soooo much for that) and they even posed for pictures with the puppy.

It made me so happy to see her reaction when I showed her the pictures so she could see who I was talking about as I read the notes to her. Now mind you, Mikayla is a child of MANY words… and she was so touched that she really didn’t have much to say, with each new note and picture, she would put her hand over her heart and just listen to what they had to say ……

It was definitely a most precious memory…I will cherish it always, thank you to my friends that went along with making a Mom’s heart full and happy and for inspiring a little girl!! I can’t wait to write notes for other little kids out there….

Here is the glittery puppy!











Here is Mikayla holding her precious notes (of course I took them away to scrapbook with, I mean to keep safe..... they are true tresures!)

No comments: