Background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Royal Event


Well the crazies have hit and yes... I'm will admit that I am ridiculously excited about the Royal wedding. Katie and I have come up with what we think Kate's dress will look like....




I love this picture of them




Here are my two hand drawn samples...


In the first choice, Kate's dress is all silk with a sweetheart neckline with drapes that start below the waist and go all the way around, with it being fitted at the top and gradually flowing out. Her hair will be down and her veil will be trimmed in lace and have beads all throughout. She will also be wearing the Queen's big crown.

In the second choice, Kate's dress will be full on lace and beads with a sweetheart neckline. It will be fitted all the way gradually flowing out and being full at the bottom. Her hair will be up and her veil will be a regular veil and again wearing the Queen's big crown (she does need something borrowed afterall).




Below are Katie's drawings and here are her descriptions

Kate’s dress prediction #1: On/off the shoulder sweetheart neckline. Entire dress will be lace with strategically placed beading throughout. Dress will be fitted until mid-thigh where it will flow into a semi-long train.


Kate’s dress prediction #2: the dress itself will be strapless and similar to the above design. Lace with beading and the same fit. However, Kate will wear a lace, see through “jacket” with long sleeves.For both: She will wear a crown with her hair up but not a large crown. Veil will be simple as not to outdo the dress!



Just for the fun of it, I had my family's "Royal" names created...


I am: Queen Kirsten Arabella Rovton of Houstonshire
Mikayla is: Baroness Mikayla Hadley Roberton of Houstonford
and Michael is: King Michael Fergus Rovcott of Houstonburgh

More to come.......

No comments: