Because of the force of the winds we had to do it differently so Michael could crank the sail in instead of just pulling it in... then I noticed one of the lines didn't have a knot on the bottom to prevent it from pulling out of the hardware (which would be bad). So really quick I hollered for Mikayla to tie a figure 8 knot in it to prevent it from getting away from us and adding to the current disaster, while she's whipping up a knot, I was turning the boat around in an attempt to get the lines untangled so Michael could finish pulling in the sail....he was on the deck trying to hold on and trying to shake free the tangle while not getting whipped overboard from either the lines or the waves.... well fortunately somehow.... the lines totally got untangled, he came back to the cockpit.... I held the lines to prevent them from retangling and Mikayla drove the boat....WOW!!!!! It was sure something! To hear her tell the story is hysterical, she is the hero that saved the day!!! We haven't had that kind of excitement in awhile. I was sort of busy in the moment this weekend and quite frankly unwilling to douse the camera in salt water (from the waves) so I didn't get too many pictures but here is what I have.
Here's the Captain below deck before we went out


After our crazy ride and experience, we went over to the marina pool for awhile to chill out and play. Here is the view from the pool. After swimming fun, we ate dinner on the deck right there and then I went ahead and showered Mikayla for the night and put her in her jammies for the ride home. I love when I can prepare like that so when we get home, it's straight to bed (which was very late let me add....)







No comments:
Post a Comment