Well, it is almost here!!! Something very exciting!!
We are moving houses...... Our current house was on the MLS listing for 14 days - we had one looker...and the same one looker was the buyer. We closed on that house last week and we closed on our new house today! It all happened very fast but at the same time it feels like it's been a long time coming.
WOW!!!!
Mikayla is very excited about the new house but very very sad about leaving the only house she knows. She was up at 4:00 this morning worrying about it. It's so easy to say don't worry it'll be fine and she says "I know it will be, but you've done this before and I haven't"...... I think that's a pretty grown up statment from a kid....
She was involved from the get go with touring houses and all that goes along with that. She needs time to adjust her thinking/environment versus just springing it on her. So that's what I've carefully tried to do. I'm working on paving her thoughts and dreams towards the excited side and not being so worried about what's staying behind but rather what's ahead. The other day she was making sure that we didn't have to go look at any more houses...LOL she liked it but can't say it was an acitivity that she loved doing. (who are we kidding, her nosey side - LOVED going in and nosing around in other people's houses).
But in the mean time I just pray I do it right for her to adjust easily and love our new home!!!
So there will be some FUN ahead for us. I actually don't mind the unpacking part, I'm very happy the packing is almost done (well it better be considering the movers are coming at 7:00 am tomorrow morning).
Here she is.... our new home :)

No comments:
Post a Comment