Words can't express my sorrow at what happened at the school in Connecticut. It makes me sick to my core at the thought of what the individual families are going through.
I can't seem to stop thinking about them, praying for them.
I am so sad at the the thought of all of the Christmas celebrations that were planned for and gifts purchased that will never be opened.
I am so sad at the thought of how those families can pick up the pieces and move on.
I am so sad that all of those kids that were hurt are Mikayla's age.... I can't seem to get past the fact that it would compare to the unimaginable happening to her whole entire class.
It makes all the petty bologna and stress of scheduling conflicts (real or imagined), rushing around and day to day duldrums seem pretty dumb....
It makes the crap really stand out as crap and the important become even more important.
The sadness makes me even more appreciative for her.
I have hugged her a LOT more.
When she needs those last 10 kisses before bed time I don't get exasperated about coming back into the bedroom to give them to her even though I still have a hundred things to do.
We have let her sleep with us the past couple nights.... not because she asked to but because we needed her to.
We were blessed to be able to go see her dance recital on Friday night. It was amazing!!! Of course I think she's a super star anyway but it was a little more special than usual. She was tickled pink to have us all there to see her!!!
Here is her adorable tap dance routine.
(she is singing in the picture below - of course it's the open mouth picture I capture LOL)
All the girls did a really great job!
Then to ballet - I love watching!!!
Then the super fun and super cute "Grinch" song... this song has been stuck in my head for weeks - she hums it and boom, there it is, stuck in my head again!
No comments:
Post a Comment