Background

Monday, August 12, 2013

Awwwww 2nd Grade!!

Well it is here already.  Mikayla is officially in 2nd grade!!!  I can't even believe how fast the time is going.  Of course we took time for some pictures this morning, naturally my camera lens fogged up when we went outside - steamy before 7:00 am HA!
 
 
Isn't she a gem!! She is the most darling little girl. She comes up with some seriously wonderful and witty commentary!!
 
 
She says her favorite subject is reading... and yet...we struggled to read what we were supposed to over the summer break.  She loved being in AR (advanced reading) last year but doesn't like all the reading except reading is her favorite subject... or is it??  I'm really not sure after that conversation.  I decided that I just needed more coffee to try to keep up with this gal!
 
 
She was a bit nervous, a bit excited and a bit ready but incredibly happy to be going back to her friends, she spent the last few days wondering if her friends would be there and who was going to be in her class.
 
 
She's grown up so much since the end of last year.... it's so strange how that happens.
 
 
I am so proud of the little girl she is.  She truly has a heart of gold!
 
 
Here she is with some friends - she looks like she was really waiting for an answer.
 
 
She was so excited and nervous in the picture below, she walked right up to me for another hug and kiss and well wishes for her first day.
 
 
and off they go :)  Have a great day babe!
 
 
I am so excited and scared all at the same time to see how much she grows and changes this year.  It is going so fast, I don't want to miss any of it! 
 
Good times ahead!! 
 
I can't wait for school programs and dance recitals. 
 
I can't wait for stories of the kids at school (I'm pretty sure only 1/2 of it is completely true) but I enjoy the stories anyway.
 
I can't wait for her to read more books to me.
 
I can't wait to celebrate her achievements from a great spelling test grade to learning fractions.
 
I can't wait for the end of each day as she still runs into my arms screaming MOMMY at the end of our work/school day and we drive home and discuss all the happenings of the day and head in for homework/quizzing/dinner and fun.
 
I LOVE this!!!

No comments: