Background

Friday, January 10, 2014

New Years Day trip to American Girl

WOO HOO Happy New Year!!!  We started off the year with a bang and Mikayla for the first time (on purpose) made it all the way to midnight and we all rang in the new year together.  Granted her eyes were red/glossy and exhausted but she made it!!!

We started off the morning by going to the American Girl store.  Mikayla had saved up enough money (and had a gift card) that enabled her to make a trip there.

I did NOT expect what we got into when we got there.  There were easily over 100 people in line in front of us - waiting to meet the new girl of the year..... Isabelle.  I was shocked!!!
 
 
They had the whole process sooooo organized it was really wonderfully pulled together. So we waited in line and chatted with the people around us.
 
 
And we FINALLY made it in.  Isabelle is a ballerina and she designs clothes.
 
 
So Mikayla found the doll that "speaks" to her (and we snatched her right up and then waited in line again to pay).   It was crazy...I mean this stuff isn't cheap and one guy was counting up what he had...and it was over $1,000 WOW!!  I love going here because Mikayla earned it... she did her chores and incentives to be there.  She really takes good care of her girls too.

There were three or four people that their only job of the day was to keep the shelves where Isabelle was - stocked!  They made circles from the stock room to the floor.  They really had it together and made it a great experience.
 
 
I did buy her some of the accessories too, I can't help myself. 
 
 
Then they had a craft area - where the girls could color in the paper doll outfits. 
 
 
 
Then to celebrate the girl of the year, they had a local ballet company come and perform.  They were awesome!!!
 
 
 
 
And of course in their finale, they held up Isabelle.  I'm sure they made more girls have to wait in line and go get more stuff.
 
 
It was FUN, a bit overwhelming, and well just a WOW kind of experience.  So now we get to know Isabelle.  So far McKenna and Saige have been very welcoming to their new sister.
 
Happy New Year!!

No comments: