Background

Monday, June 30, 2014

Grand Prix of Houston

Well there are so many parts to this puzzle that suffice it to say that we got tickets to the Grand Prix because we test drove a Honda (ended up buying one too) - so the consolation prize for that was tickets to the race yay!!
 
Turns out it's also our big Birthday week Tami, Michael and my dad.  So this was all a part of our weekend fun.
 
We've never been to this kind of race before (besides drag races which are very different - duh) but anyway prior to the race, the racers ride around the track in the back of a pickup....
 
I am a big fan of Helio and it's all because I "know" him from Dancing with the Stars, I was an avid voter for him to win that show....
 
So he was here!!! He was racing today!!!!! Prior to the race, the drivers ride in a truck and drive the track, I took a picture of every single driver as they were going by, just in case I missed him.
 
 
driver 1, nope
 
 
driver 2 - nope
 
 
driver 3 - nope
 
 
driver 4 - nope
 
 
driver 5 - nope
 
 
driver 6 - nope
 
 
driver 7 - nope
 
 
Nope - he was driver 8 or 9 that I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE OF!!! I swear he looked right at me and said HI!!!! YES he did, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  (I am easily star struck)
 
My excitement was ridiculous at just being in the same vicinity.... how ridiculous am I  (no need to answer that.....)
 
I'm sure as he was driving by at 200+ miles an hour he was waving to me in the picture below.
 
 
M&M down at the fence looking at them fly by!
 
ahhh here he comes again, see - he kept coming around to wave to me!  (not because the track was 51 times around or anything)
 
 
We had to find some shade, the direct sun was brutal!!  Hello tiki umbrella!
 
 
Those cars are so small!  SO SO SO small
 
 
I got my picture with Helio!!!!! 
 
 
What a fun birthday weekend!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: