We started out vacation by leaving on Friday after work/summer camp was done for the day. Whew it seemed like it took forever but we finally made it on the road!!!
The pictures below are ones Michael really wanted me to take LOL
Night driving.....
Still driving......
we got to our over night hotel about 12:30 am and met up with the rest of the family for breakfast and picked up a passenger along the way!
driving and jamming out....
Stopped for lunch at The Shed...amazing BBQ in Mississippi
Still driving
and driving
AND DRIVING......
there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
and sitting..... more sitting than driving. What was supposed to be an additional five hours to get to Destin, ended up being nine hours.... FOUR EXTRA HOURS, traffic, road closures.... lines of cars.... UGH!
We finally made it
WOO HOOOOOOO!!!
I did happen to find the most important store - I didn't go there, it was just encouraging to know that I could if I needed too.... and I'm not talking about Target....LOL
It was a very long day and we were hoping to get all of our chores and some beach time in...but it wasn't to be, we arrived and were able to check into our hotel.... only to discover there is no way we were going to stay there, we needed to find a new one, check in new hotel to make sure, have dinner....check out of old hotel, move all of our stuff... ahhhh we were exhausted but so happy to be there. Tomorrow's a new day!!
WE'RE IN FLORIDA BABY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment