Background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm so proud of Mikayla!!!

We went to "circle time" at her new school this morning and she was a little hesitant and clingy while I was in there but then I told her I needed to go to the front office when I was actually watching her through the one way window (I can see in but she can't see out). She was cute, studying her new friends and the teacher was really good about including her - she wouldn't answer but was paying attention (well most of the time). Then after circle time the kids got up and went over to their activity tables and Mikayla just went right along with them, when she was unsure she just waited for the teacher to guide her.

The really good part is that she was really sad to be leaving, she cried all the way to school about how she didn't want the "old" school anymore LOL - so that does my heart good and that she'll transition in just fine (fingers crossed).

Now the big thing.... I saw it with my own eyes.... these young 3 year olds were writing.... they had those papers that have the solid line going all the way across then the dotted line...then another solid line, so they can learn to write big letters and little letters... the children at that table were writing Pp and Qq.... I couldn't believe it, one little girl was having some computer time, then there was the coloring table and then the gluing/activity table. It was absolutely incredible!!!! I'm soooo happy we're taking her there...it's time to move on I guess, I wonder if I'm the only one sad about leaving her current school ..... but I'm really proud of her.

Here are some pictures to capture our experiece there.
Here is the school



Here she and Nana are looking through the fence to see the raised flower beds where the children plant gardens and they also have a pumpkin patch in the fall there.


She's the one right next to the teacher and studying the other kids. The little girl in the white shirt had the same shoes as Mikayla (maybe they'll be best friends now?)




One of the activity tables

No comments: