Well, Friday night I had a surprise party for Mikayla for us to celebrate the Royal wedding together (yes Michael thinks I have totally cracked up but I am very excited about it). I picked her up from school with a bouquet of flowers to start the celebration and also to pique her curiosity.
Then I showed her the "wedding zone" she FLIPPED out!!! I have never ever seen her this excited and surprised!! I got the flowers and made the cake of the previous two nights after she went to bed.
Next we went in and both transformed to brides... she was just beside herself by now...I even let her wear make up... she kept telling me this was her best day ever and thanking me!!! She knew the princess got married that day...and now she knew we were dressing up to get married with her!!
She was walking down the "isle" here....
Now what is a wedding without pictures..... of course I took a TON here are some of them... seriously I know I say this a lot... but really - how can she be 5 years old??

We had a nice dinner and now it's cake time (complete with the knife Michael and I used at our wedding)!!



We had an absolute blast!!! We watched a lot of the wedding again on Saturday too, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this with her and hopefully making a memory that she won't forget and maybe get to repeat some day with her daughter.
At the end of the day, she had thanked me profusely many times over.... told me this was the best day of her life and said I was the best mom ever.... I guess I did a little something right for today :)
1 comment:
Super cute photos! I absolutely adore the one of the two of you in black & white. And then the one of Lil M that is 2 down from that one.... WOW... she looks way too grown up there! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment