You know how things come in 3s.....
When you think of major purchases (as far as expensive goes) in your life...what do you think of?
When you think of major purchases (as far as expensive goes) in your life...what do you think of?
I think first of house and cars maybe boats too.....right?? Well it would appear that we have all bases covered.... and each one gets a bit more expensive than the last....
Change #1
in June we had to go from this 200,000 mile car with only 3 hubcaps (we replaced countless hubcaps through the years), melting and sticky steering wheel and NO air conditioning (it broke) (and to repair it was going to be about $4000 and that is NOT all that was wrong with it). Michael, bless his heart never complained about the condition of this car but when I drove it...YIKES can you say POS (piece of @#$%)
Moved from that to this.....2011 Sonata = AWESOME car! We are so impressed. Yay for safe and happy transportation for Michael (and new family car) (and a seriously positive carmax buying experience). The car has perks I'd probably not ever pay for - so yay!!
Change #2
Then we went from this house that we had just upgraded with tile ($), it was in an "OK" neighborhood but we were worried about falling property values and decided to see what would happen if we decided to sell. So we were listed for 14 days...one looker...one buyer.
To this - totally, incredibly, beautiful, amazing, DREAM home for us.... in spite of our flood issue, we LOVE this house so much! It IS a dream come true!!!
Well.... Change #3 happened MUCH MUCH sooner than anticipated or expected.... for awhile we've been smelling gas/exhaust with the car below.... (sorry it was late last night when I took the picture so it's dark). Monday it seemed exceptionally bad so Tuesday morning when we were all packed up and leaving for the day, Michael (very last minute - I say divine inspiration led us) said you know, lets switch cars today and I'll see if I can find out what's wrong with it. So we did that, I drove Change #1 car and he drove the below POS (piece of #$$%) and well.... turns out that the gas tank has a crack in it!!! um...WHAT????? and we are not to fill it above 1/2 or go below 1/4 tank of gas..... SOOOOO incredibly dangerous on sooooo many levels, not to mention smelling it so badly inside the car or the potential blow up possibility!! and it's going to be about $2000 to fix it and that's not all that's wrong (other stuff probably minor but in light of the major repairs required...) so... we officially reached the point of no return with her :( just 2 months ago we put in $560 in repairs, 2 months before that $230...and so on... so unfortunately (or fortunately) we just can't put any more in.....
SO that leads us to.....Change #3.... OHHHH SHE IS SO PRETTY our new Expedition......loaded to the hilt with features I'd never pay money for... (again sorry for darkish pictures, it was early this am)
Mikayla says HI!! (through the sunroof)
OK....so we are officially 3 for 3.... I hope and pray we're done with these big purchases. Our goal for today is to NOT spend any money......
Also... yes.... this is our 5th GREY/SILVER car...we just can't seem to get out of the grey's....LOL HA!!!
Fingers crossed and prayers nothing else goes wrong - we're at the end of our tolerance.....
So, we're officially on to new chapters.... new cars, new house, soon to be new flooring.... ahhhhhhh it's all good!!!!


1 comment:
Yes, they say it comes in 3s so I hope you are done! I can't take anymore!!! Stay away from the boat for a little while though.. don't jinx it :-)
Post a Comment