Background

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fairies and Unicorns

Well with everything we've had going on, I felt it was high time we invited some fairies and unicorns to come to our house, plus they bring good luck :)  right?  So we made it a "Fairy Night." We have been collecting some things to make them come and hopefully stay for awhile. 

So last night was our night to build our fairy garden.  Who knew it was going to be so much fun!!  Mikayla really got into the project.  We started by lining the basket with these coffee filters...seriously - have you ever seen such big filters?  Somehow Michael brought them home and I love them...I have got to make something with them.....one of these days... (I need ideas what to make with them...HA) they're HUGE!!! So in the mean time we started with lining our basket with some filters.


Then we filled our basket with dirt (the ultimate plan is to grow some small plants in there but for now we used silk flowers).


She then lined the basket with pebbles for the fairies to walk on or even sit on to rest until we can get a bench :)



We LOVE it!!


Seriously, if you were a fairy flying by, wouldn't you LOVE to stop and rest for a spell, there's a big door in the back that opens if your wings won't fit in the front.



So there we have it...I sure hope we get a fairy visitor!!!


No comments: