Some of the projects I've been working on (obsessing about) (like a mad woman driven by the need to work on projects)..... are listed below.
I have not included any pictures of the following items that are done but not photographed:
Finished painting bedroom - that wall was a BEAST! *I am still shuddering*
Arranging artwork utilizing some of my layouts in craft room - a work in progress
Gallery wall in bedroom - work in progress
Outside gardening stuff - work in progress
Never ending garage projects - both cars can park in there but I do have a ways to go but its been too hot
Craft closet phase 1 complete, phase 2 is in the garage so it's a work in progress too
Made 2 front door wreaths
I think that's it. So below is what I did take pictures of.
Project #1
Here are the craft closet contents... The goal - organize, purge, hang shelving to accommodate and make more room. (I forgot to take the before picture -oops)
Progress. I installed the shelves to be L shaped for a more complete function/usable space. This is what would traditionally be a coat closet - being we live in Texas and it's still 100 degrees out, we don't need coats often enough to justify a closet (precious real estate) for them.
AHHH just about done.
I got it all in there, everything has a spot...then realized I had to take it ALL out again to put the shelving up above that I wanted to put up there (utilizing the 15 foot ceiling space that is wasted in the top of the closet, I wanted to add more vertical storage). So I had to completely un do it - to put the shelving up on top of the top shelf (speak in riddle much) so then I redid it.... do - redo.... how typical.
I love my ribbon storage, it's a curtain rod.... I popped the end off and put my spools on it, put the end back on and they won't go anywhere - totally portable and organized! yay!
I took ribbon remnants and a clothes pin - wrapped them up to make a pretty bowl - o - ribbon :)
CHECK - My area is 100% functional and organized now - yay!
Next project - totally easy but I just wanted to make it a bit nicer - the medicine cabinet.... bowl - o - boring below....
dressed up a little bit with paper :)
Yay!!
CHECK - project done
Next project - I have been aching to find a tired worn out mostly ugly chair to redo it but I never ever find a chair that needs me - so finally I found this gem at the goodwill store for $6.77 yay!!!
I am practically a chair addict - I MUST REDO A CHAIR... so yay, project underway!
I spray primed it (2 coats) and painted it white (three coats). Below is an "in progress" picture.
The finished product! the harps are singing- I did buy new foam for the chair too, she's so comfortable. This chair is the new sewing chair (that area is a work in progress...well it's on the list anyway).
Scrappy Projects
I have to admit, we have been in the new house for just over a year now.... and until three weeks ago, I hadn't scrapped at all in my new area. Well that is different now! I have paper crafted something every weekend for the last three weeks in a row! YAY YAY YAY!!!
I made the hanging below to go in the bedroom gallery (yes gallery...meaning I'm tackling another *gasp* gallery wall...scary stuff!!
My partner in crime! She LOVES working in the craft room! (here you can see some of my unframed layouts that may or may not get framed and hung in their respective places on the wall behind her)
Another project - I got this kit at the convention.... it is SO fun. I haven't done any of the interior projects that go along with this kit but I'm thrilled at the exterior!!
Master closet project
Now I don't have any pictures of this but I was able to come up with a better way to have the closet that includes the big ol jewelery box that I'm not using because it's in the bedroom instead of the closet and I get ready in the closet.
Well I have 100% started and finished that project too, there are stations for everyone (meaning Michael, Mikayla and me), dresser, jewelery, shoes... you name it, there's a spot - nicely organized for it! YAY
I think (actually I know) my drive for projects is driving Michael nuts..... last night - about 10:15 pm.... I was hanging a shelf in the bedroom for part of my gallery wall, hammering to my hearts content...Micahel saw me go flying by and he says "PUT THE HAMMER DOWN" oh I laughed so hard...even hearing him say that now really cracks me up!!! *chuckles* another one I've been hearing lately "just stop...." I say "I will after I finish...whatever"
I will say that the lack of commute sure leaves me with a LOT more energy than I had before. Phew, that is about 8 weeks worth of projects.... I guess looking back I have been busy LOL
(wow, I guess I'm getting pretty wordy too - I'll tone it down again after I catch up LOL) I feel like I'm missing a few things but who knows, I have been running like a chicken with my head cut off for awhile now).
No comments:
Post a Comment