I am just so behind on my updates but I am making a point to get back to blogging!!! Have to keep up with my bad self...LOL!!!!
So LOTS of things have been going on so I'll just have to group the next few posts by category in order to get caught up. Ever since I switched and left the position I was in for over 12 1/2 years...I have had a hard time keeping my head on straight.
So I guess I'll start there, here is my last day at my previous place of employment. Mikayla came with me for 1/2 day on my last day there because she wanted the chance to say good bye to everyone there. She was quite nervous for me to switch because it's all she's ever known.
Lovin the balloons!!
So then began my new quest!!
My new place is literally three right turns from home.... versus 1 full hour PLUS - each way - daily commute.
-three right turns
-1.2 miles
-4.75 minutes with traffic.... 5 min if I miss the light....
Any of those descriptions work.
I think I finally feel like I might be getting a handle back on life - wow I had NO idea it was going to be so dramatic. I mean yes I thought I would have a clue because well...going from commercial real estate to commercial real estate - I should know a thing or two, right? WRONG!!!!!!
and that has thrown me for a loop. MAJOR loop!!!!!! I went from being very comfortable in my knowledge base to a darn dummy!! WOW!!
So I am slowly recovering, I am sort of starting to remember how to cook again, keep up with cleaning and laundry and 2nd grade homework!! WOW!!!! Huge shocker....
My first day - Katie came over and we had coffee and carpool. What that means is that she and I have driven together for the last 7+ years and needed to keep up our carpool, the big difference is that we had coffee at home instead of the hour commute in to work. This was so weird!!! Oh yea, did I forget to mention that Katie works here too? We were apart for 5 weeks and that was a LONG 5 weeks!!!
Here is my desk area - see that TWO monitors - holy moly I can see everything from this command station! I moved right in complete with pictures :)
Our carpool ride!! ahhhhhh yea, this is SO weird.
I think we're still chanting that exact phrase. It has been a huge challenge to make such a drastic change but once the dust settles...I am SOOOOOO excited, I'm so happy to be learning new work and programs and SOOOOOOO happy to be close to home and SOOOOOOO happy to have gained more than two full hours a day! A DAY!!!! **giddy**
No comments:
Post a Comment