It has been SO hectic and tense and worrisome at my house.
We have so many things coming up... and the biggest one right now is the next First Communion test at school.
I think we both (Mikayla and I) felt resigned that it wasn't going to go well because we haven't been able to either mentally or realistically dedicate enough study time....
So the nerves were HIGH!
One day we were driving home from work/school, talking about how to get everything done that we needed/wanted to get done and not necessarily knowing how to fit it in.
Mikayla was working herself up into a frenzy about this darn oral test that she needed to do. Huge.alligator.tears. actually almost more like rivers of tears her whole entire eye wide versus just alligator tears.
She's.so.nervous.scared.depressed.worried.avoiding.dreading this test.
But while we were driving...she looked out and saw the rainbow......
So that led us into the conversation about God's promise.
So we were both feeling a LOT better about things, we knew it would be OK..... not like we forget but this "sign" really brought it to the forefront of our minds and conversation. So we got home feeling a lot better about things.
I was able to carve out some time for her to really really study. We got home from Little Flowers a little after 9:00 Friday night and I told her if she can give me her all Saturday morning - we're going to pass that test! So we both held tight to the hope that we'd be able to work it out.
Granted it was the same day as the test - it's the best I could do because really - by 8:00 pm after school she's spent and can't realistically do more/memorize more...it's unfair to expect more. I myself don't want to do more.
So Saturday morning - we hit the books at 7:30 am.....
by 9:00 she knew all the answers for the test and we wrote and memorized two prayers....
by 9:00 she knew all the answers for the test and we wrote and memorized two prayers....
by 9:30 we were ready to go......
and by 10:30 she'd PASSED her test!!!!!!
and by 10:30 she'd PASSED her test!!!!!!
WOW!!! (I did tear up a few times during the test but I think I did really good especially compared to what a mess I was last time!)
Motherhood really is amazing. The winning, the defeats, the tears, the praise, the memories....
and do you know what she said to me as we left school. She said "Thanks Mommy, thanks for helping me study so I could pass"...... and SHE teared up because it meant a lot to her. She repeatedly thanked me! Sooooo nice to hear thank you!!!!
Phew.... it was a big one. It is a good one... It is an amazing one....



No comments:
Post a Comment