Background

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Middle of the week surprise

Last night when Mikayla and I got home from work/school I was deciding about what to cook for dinner.....she was looking out the kitchen window and said oh I wish we could go for a walk.  I said, well lets go!!!!
 
So we headed out.  The picture below is Katie's street!!!  Isn't that cool!  So I texted her and said we're out walking and I see your street!!!
 
 
Well technically I said we're down in the bayou, what are you up to?  she said "cooking, boo!" then asked if I could see her neighborhood and what on earth was I doing because didn't I have to cook dinner too.
 
I said yes, I have to cook but I'm avoiding it so we're going to the park first.
 
Then she said, we'll come see y'all in about 5 minutes....so M and I hung around on our side of the bayou for a little bit.
 
OHHHH there they are...do you see them coming?
 
 
WOO HOO!!  Our first trip to the bayou as neighbors...  so we were shouting over the bayou to each other!
 
 
So we both came down the cement embankments on our respective sides...the kids were FIRED UP!!!!
 
 
 
well look.... there is sort of a walk way.......
 
 
The cement is FAR apart...I really don't think I could walk it and be dry once I got to the other side!!
 
 
 
AND they made it to our side (mostly dry), all four of us plus doggie Abbie made it to the park, they played HARD...even Abbie got to run around in the dog park for awhile.  She loved it!!!  Even as skittish as she is...I think she thoroughly enjoyed herself.
 
Katie and Tyler going back after our park fun.
 
 
 
And then my poor mother in  law sent me the picture below this morning.......She got over 12 inches of heavy/wet snow.... ACK!
 

No comments: