Background

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Well.... a little fella

We found a new member to add to our family.  Her name is Bella!  I will secretly call her Little Fella though because when Mikayla was about 2 years old, our cousins had a dog named Bella and Mikayla couldn't get her name quite right and called her the Little Fella.  Isn't that sweet!!!! 
I work with a lady that is a foster mom for countless dogs.  Trying to help find them good homes where they can live their lives happily and well taken care of.
After we lost our Allie, we have taken a LONG time to recover.  We still miss her and talk of her.  When I saw this little dog at work...I just felt like she could be the one.  She was so sweet, knows no strangers, and if I'm completely truthful, I think she might be able to help our little Abbie's heart some from being so sad without Allie.

So here we are, we really got her for Mikayla but in the long run I think she's going to help all of us.  I have never seen such a sweet heart! 
Here is Abbie and Bella's first meeting.  It was the smoothest/easiest introduction I have ever witnessed.
We then all went into the house, I did go ahead and put Abbie outside so Bella could sniff and snoop all she wanted, then we went out back with Abbie for more sniffing and snooping.
That was it, then we went back inside.... Abbie knows she's there....but it just seems like Bella has always been there.
We made it through our first meal time... it was easy - Abbie is on special food now so we'll keep them separate for feeding. 

Mikayla's first introduction.
End of her first exciting day at her new home.

Abbie was exhausted.

No comments: