Friday afternoon after work, we finished packing up, picked up our friend (my 2nd daughter) for the week and headed out! We drove to Slidell, Louisiana on the first half of our journey, then traveled the rest of the way on Saturday. Here are the girls in their cramped quarters. They handled it like rock stars though.
Of course, what is a road trip without a crochet project.
AHHHH sweet condo!!! Here is our room.
Living room
view.... I cannot get enough of the view.
The girls' bedroom.
The night time view. I read out here every single night...and morning before anyone got up.
The girlies!
Yikes, these whales were/are VERY loved!!!! They took forever to blow up but I'm soooo glad we bothered with it, they LOVED them!
They are HUGE HUGE HUGE!
When I say loved...I mean loved...... they were tucked in every night....
We went to "The Track" and the kids rode rides....
There were two boys
There were two girls....
I think there's nothing better than fond memories of summer crushes that make vacations WONDERFUL! (as long as there's not drama...there wasn't too much)
They were SO serious on the rides... not one smile... serious driving!!!
We went on sea shell hunts
Sat in big silly chairs.
Took our traditional boat ride to crab island. (blowing up more floats....the whales did not get to come along)
Always time for crafting....
They made treasure boxes out of altoid mint boxes.
I forgot to take a picture of Mikay's "shell" initial...but she has one too.
CRASHED on the way home...they slept the first 3-4 hours of the drive home out like lights!!
They both learned to crochet on the way home! (look at all that junk in the back, we need to rethink our paking process....too much stuff inside there!)
Seriously - AMAZING.
I'm on a severe vacation hangover this week.....
To say it was great is an understatement.... it was amazing, it was absolutely everything we needed it to be, it was awesome, it was our best trip there so far to date.
It was perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment