Our school/church is preparing for the final phase of development on the campus. Everyone is SO excited to see this happen. It will have a gym, auditorium, science labs, music rooms, offices, additional class rooms...all kind of awesomness.... and very importantly - it will be adding another 228 parking spaces!!! (there's never enough parking, right?)
Anyway they set up a tent and it was an AMAZING day. The weather was pretty perfect too.
They invited our cheerleaders to come to represent the school spirit.
The door below - shows where the real doors will be. It was pretty neat to see this....
there were quite a few people that came to celebrate
I just love that the Pastor always wears that hat LOL!
The committee had also invited both the church kid choir and school choir to come sing.
I was in charge of making sure the cheer girls got where they were supposed to be. I don't know why I was nervous about that....they're great kids and did what they were supposed to!
The ceremonial ground breaking!
Something I thought was pretty neat was Fr. requested that we bring water with us... he blessed the water and went out there and spread the blessings wherever we wanted to. It was neat! It makes me feel all sentimental inside, just to be a part of it.
Parental picture! There's never enough of those LOL
Mikayla broke the ground too.
Here is the video of the song
Here is the video of their cheer
I can't wait to watch the building grow!!!
Below is the area on Sunday.
Here is the area on Monday....... the dirt is moving already!

No comments:
Post a Comment