Background

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I haven't been able update in awhile but here I am. Here are some of the storm clouds before the hurricane hit. They were awesome in real and the pictures don't do justice to how it actually felt, the air smelled different, there were no birds around, it was very still but the clouds were moving sooooo fast.





Once the storm hit, I was too chicken to go look outside and see what it was doing but just hearing the storm was enough for me, I didn't move, all I could do was stare at the window because if that board got sucked off I was grabbing Mikayla and running to a different room. It was incredible, I was scared for Mikayla, she woke up one time and asked what that noise was and I told her it was the wind, she said OK and went back to sleep.

We could hear the rumble (the typical train sound) of the tornados all around us and I was expecting the boards that Michael covered our windows with to be ripped off at any second because the winds were so intense. There are just no words to describe it.

I'm so thankful that no one in our immediate group of friends/family were hurt or property lost and I'm so thankful that Mikayla wasn't afraid at all, she all but slept right through it.

No comments: