Our lives changed forever. My Mom was called home to be with God. Three years ago... I can't believe it. Time marches on.
I will never forget the events of that day. A very incredible and awesome thing happened just minutes before she passed, my sister wanted another private minute with her so my dad, Michael and I stepped outside the room and shut the door. We were about three to four feet away from the door and about 30 seconds later the door opened all by itself wide enough for someone to walk through and then it shut again. We truly believe with all out hearts that God himself walked into the room to get her and take her home. There is no way that the door could do that by itself but by the hand of God.
We still find great comfort in the fact that she no longer is in pain or sick or struggling just for breath. We miss her greatly and Mikayla will never know other than stories what an incredible and courageous woman, mother and friend my mom was.
She knew the time was coming and was trying to prepare all of us, we just didn’t want to believe it, she’d been through some very close calls over the last few years we thought this was going to be another one that she would pull out of but God had other plans for her. I'm sure it took more courage for her to face death like she did by talking to us and trying to prepare us than any of us know. So now she is and always will be our very special guardian angel.
Some words to describe her:
Courageous
Gentle
Funny
Quiet
Amazing
Loved
Soft
Tender hearted
Strong
Amazing
Gentle
Funny
Quiet
Amazing
Loved
Soft
Tender hearted
Strong
Amazing
Understanding
Role model
A true lady
Role model
A true lady


2 comments:
Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful lady...I am still so sorry for your loss. Your in my thoughts...Big Hugs.
My heart just aches for you my friend. I loved reading about your Mom -- she sounded like she was a wonderful person (and she still lives through you, your Dad and Mikayla). These last few years have been so tough on you and the comfort we have, although we miss our loved ones here, is that they are in Heaven waiting for us. I love you sweetie! May God bless and comfort you today and all days! Love, Kristi P.S. I have no doubt that that door opening and closing was God. Of all of the miracles Jesus performed, it's easy to believe that He could open and close a door and take your Mom home with Him.
Post a Comment