Background

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fun, Flowers, Sew, Light.... how's that for a title?

The other day we got to school early, so early in fact the carpool line wasn't even open yet, so little miss and I "got" to have a fun/wacky/silly/weird photo shoot!
 
 
Cheese.....  
 
 
 
Do it again mom......  ok!
 
 
Friday night we had our Little Flowers group meeting.  I was driving in and I just think the church is so beautiful when it's all lit up and no sooner did I snap this picture, they turned the lights off inside... phew, just made it! 
 
 
 
I love this little group.  I'm meeting some really great women and kids and we just really have fun there!
 
 
 
 
 
Mikayla was awarded her first patch of the year ;)  yay!!!!  (can I say I'm so happy my mother in law is coming back soon... she helps me sew them on)(she doesn't know it yet though, don't tell her, ok) ;)
 
 
Then Mikayla also had her very first professional sewing lesson.  She loved it, she was surprised by it a little bit too.  She is signed up for the next two sessions as well, to learn how to make pajama pants.... we'll see how that one goes :)  I hope she enjoys it!
 
 
 
 
While she was in class, I was out in store area of Joann's, I parked myself at their pattern table, made myself right at home and worked on some crafts of my own!  HA!!!  it was a BLAST hearing other people try to figure out their projects...I know that Katie and I sound like that when we're trying to figure something out too.  It was awesome!!
 
Then after dinner, Katie came over and we crafted until midnight hee hee..... Good times.  Mikayla was in bed and Michael turned the volume off on the tv so he could listen to our girl talk, he joined in every now and again too!  It was so funny!!
 
Now in my front room at home, we are... um.... light challenged.... the short story is that my dad and I tried to adjust the can light...and ended up breaking it so we've had no ceiling light in the room for awhile now.   While the new fixture and necessary electrician that we need to instal the light has been on the list of things to do, we haven't used the room too much until recently.  Now before you think we're total hillbilly's - we do have light, I have one of those pole lamps with three lights on it.... and desk lamps as needed.....
 
Well Katie decided she needed additional lighting..... actually, she just came prepared.... to be able to see the project she's working on....  this is what she did....
 
 
She wore a headlamp......
 
IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!  However, I couldn't take her seriously when she was wearing it nor could I focus..... we all laughed SOOOOOOOO hard.... what a stinker!
 
So until the electrician comes.... instead of BYOB... it's BYOL (bring your own light) 
 
HAAAAAAA!!!

No comments: