I can't believe it's here again!
I can't help but feel a bit sad though at not having my wonderful mom here to celebrate with, I just imagine the types of gifts I'd pick out for her that she could really use and would love. I still really miss her a lot. On the flip side of missing her so much, I'm blessed beyond measure to have my mother-in-law. She's an absolutely amazing woman that I truly love and cherish!!!
I also can't help but feel sad about the babies I don't have. I wanted to have a lot of babies and it just hasn't gone that way. We got close a lot of times but then it didn't work out. The sad reality is that for 12-13 maybe even 14 years, of our marriage we've been actively trying for a baby, praying for a baby, hoping for a baby and end up without a baby. That makes me even more thankful for the wonderful blessing we do have!
I choose to live the happy side (well most of the time, I'm a work in progress)!
Thank God for Mikayla - she's helped our family in so many ways from losing my mom 6 weeks before she was born and coping with that to parenting with no regrets. I really try to do that - I want for Mikayla to look back at her childhood and remember that I was a fun to be around, a bit wacky, could be crazy if I wanted to be, very loving and yet strict and have high expectations of her.
The other day she told me that she and all her little friends were talking about me and she poofed up a little bit with pride and they all decided that I was very nice and fun. Well OK!!! I'll take that!!!
But we really did enjoy our day - I LOVE being a mom!!
My favorite gift...... The gift card to get mother/daughter pedicures!! I can't wait!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment