Background

Monday, August 18, 2014

First Day of Third Grade!

Let me start by saying that we are thrilled to be able to attend our own home parish church school!!  I remember saying that back when Mikayla started school how much I wished our church had a school!  and now.... here it is!!!!
 
It's amazing that we have the opportunity to go to school in this brand new amazing facility. 
 
 
Here's my girl this morning.
 
 
The other night we had parent orientation and I have to tell you I boo hoo'd from the opening prayer and about five times throughout.... it's just amazing to see something that began as an idea about 8 years ago...it came to reality.  When Father Sean choked up declaring for the very first time "school is open"..... just wow.  We left orientation humbled, honored, excited, touched, wow'd, amazed and every single word in between.  We are beyond thrilled to take this new adventure with the brand new school in it's very first year.  Just WOW!  Seriously WOW!!!!!
 
Mikayla's ready!!!!!  She's been nervous this whole time about new school, the new schools very first day of existence.... new everything (including all technology learning to enhance text book learning)even though she already knows two teachers there and 4 other kids in her class ...she was nervous. 
 
until....
 
yesterday at back to school-meet the teacher (which we already met at the popsicle party but whatever) she was PUMPED and ready to be back in the game.  She wants to join the choir so I signed her up and we'll see what happens from here.  There are several other options for after school programs but for now choir is the thing to do!!!
 
So here we are.... first day of third grade!!!
 
 
 
Goof ball picture of course! 
 
 
 
WAAAAAAAA!!!  how did  get THIS grown up on me?
 
 
 
Statue of Liberty
 
ok, we're here now.... we were early.... and as anxious as the principal was for the carpool to start... NOT one car went through car pool - ha ha ha  every single parent walked their kids in today.  They had hoped for up to 120 kids to enroll.... currently enrolled there are 169 kids, K-4 and adding a grade each year through 8th grade.
 
 
Our beloved teacher from last year!  Getting that first hug - then our soon to be beloved teacher for this year got the second hug.
 
 
Mom...don't you have enough pictures yet...I don't have any smiles left for the camera....
 
 
 
and just like that..... they're off to new adventures, new learning.... new everything.....
 
 
I have a 3rd grader..... wow. 
 
 
A flash back.......waaaaaaa where has the time gone, I don't know why but third grade is hitting me right in the heart this year.  HARD!!!!  I needed to go to breakfast with the boo hoo kinder moms this year.
 
Just to twist my momma heart a little here's a little refresher of our first days of school so far.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's official.... and a lot of wow... just wow! 
 
 

No comments: