Background

Friday, February 13, 2015

A little pre-Valentine

Ohhh I love Valentine's Day.  I wanted to show the Valentine's we made this year.  I can't believe I actually made them..... let me backtrack a little bit.  Michael got me a new cricut for Christmas and ever since then, I'm afraid to admit that I've been seriously obsessed with it.... well with them because of course I have my old cricut too.  Since then, I have used the sticky off of two mats.... that's a huge deal because I've had a mat last me over a year before...OOPS!
 
So anyway, back to the Valentines, I saw some on  my beloved Pinterest (obsessed much?) and the lady made hers and also provided the file....so.... naturally I had to challenge myself to see if I could do it!
 
Guess what!!!!???!?!?  It totally worked!!!!  Here they are!!!!  Mikayla wrote who it was for and from on the back!!  Brilliant!!  SO fun!!!
 
 
now for the Valentine box.... um... well I LOVE making them... so I gave Mikayla free reign on Pinterest (oops) and let her pick which one she wanted to recreate....
 
this is what she picked.
 
 
 
well, I'm up for the challenge for sure!
 
Here is what we created.  Isn't he CUTE!!!
 
 
 
 
 
I still kind of can't believe we made a Minion!!  LOL!  it makes me happy just to see it.
 
 
Here are some of her other boxes, I use them as part of my Valentine décor...that's why I saved them :) they totally look like a kid made them, right?
 
 
When she brought it to school..... all of the girls that were there crowded around her to see it!  She was a bit embarrassed by the attention but when I told someone that, they said well she should get used to it, imagine how Martha Stewart used to feel.... LOL!  PERFECT.... a mini Martha in training!!  LOVE IT!
 
 
So we're all ready for the big day,
she's ready for her exchange at school,
she's the only one that brought her stuff in early, I am so glad I didn't wait till the last minute.
 
all of that...to end up NOT having school at all on Friday when everything was scheduled because there was a campus wide power failure......
 
anti-climatic much?.....
 
oh well, they are going to exchange on Tuesday LOL!
 
Happy Valentine's Day!  Ohhhhh I can't wait to give her the main gift from us.....

No comments: