Background

Monday, February 2, 2015

A Pinterest Pantry

I had big dreams about making this one happen however it was more intimidating to me than the gallery walls that I've done. But here was my inspiration.  If I came a little close I'd be ecstatic!  I want pretty but it has to be functional otherwise it won't work.
 
 
Let me start by saying that this wouldn't have happened without my mother-in-law....she's amazing and did all of the painting and then I added my part when I got home from work and we came up with this magic.
 
It started here..... *hangs head* it's was organized chaos.
 
Whoops, cleared the top shelf before I remembered to take before pictures.
 
 
I started by putting recipe books in this wire basket I had...whew!! no more books falling all over the place.
 
Then the first layer of paint went up - yikes!!!  it's pretty but.... wow, drastic change.
 
 
Then I added in the vinyl I cut on cricut.... and wow.... look what we have now!
 
 
OHHHHHH ok, now I'm excited, look how pretty this will be.  Whew, I will confess the dark paint kind of scared me.
 
 
We went shelf by shelf.... she painted by day, I added in the vinyl and shelf paper by night... then we loaded in a little more.... it was far less intimidating to do it one-two shelves at a time vs. emptying the whole thing then trying to work around the mess.
 
 
GIDDY!!!
 
 
Best.plan.ever!  Little by little we made progress! 
 
 
 
and then...... we took these wooden crates that I found at Home Depot from this.
 
 
 
to this.  I hated to throw away all the negatives from the vinyl that I cut...so we found a use for them!!  One again, MIL painted and I added the vinyl.  We just need to add the wheels and they will easy roll in and easy roll out.
 
 
 
And then..... the magic happened.
 
Isn't she pretty.  I am still tweaking it a bit and moving stuff around and we're going to paint the step ladder the same blue because we certainly can not have it not match...not after this work to get it this way :) 
 
The crates!!!  ACK I love them so! 
 
 
ahhhhh I haven't even shut the doors too much because I like to look at it every time I walk by!  HA!
 
 
 
Before:
 
After:
 
 
Just a little work remains to paint the door trim and doors.... but I was so anxious to share the amazingness of this new little space. 
 
Ahhhhhh now I can check that one off my to do list!
 

No comments: