Background

Friday, March 27, 2015

Katie's Shower

Ohhhhh what fun we had!!  Four of us in the office hosted a shower for Katie and her new baby.  It was really fantastic and we had a good time. 
 
Naturally I was SOOOO happy to craft some goodies for it.  I will confess there were quite a few hours in making the bird houses, bird cupcake picks, diaper cake birds....and so on.  I think Michael even likes the smell of a hot glue gun now LOL  it's the most recent fragrance in the house...HA!
 
 
One thing that strikes me as really funny was when Katie saw the set up, she noticed the bird houses....she looked at me and said "Ohhh did you buy the cut image" me...."um no...not quite, I bought the whole cartridge"  the ladies that were standing near us and hearing the conversation had their heads going back and forth as we talked... it was like a tennis match and they had NO idea what in the world we were talking about ..... 
 
 
In our world...it makes perfect sense that Katie would see something, recognize that it was cricut, know that I didn't have that particular cut image, then question me about it.... um....  we not only know what we have...we know what each other has....do we need crafters anonymous?
 
 
I am deliriously happy with how everything came out for my BFF!
 
 
We had about 25 ladies come to celebrate!! Katie received a lot of really nice gifts!
 
 
 
I also made and LOVED making Katie a baby (now there's something you don't hear every day ha ha ha)
 
(she needed to ride safely in the car)
 
 
The baby was filled with stuff from her registry and stuff I just wanted her to have :)  GOOD times!!!! 
 
 
We can't wait to meet our new friend!!!!

No comments: