Our latest adventure was spring break with Mikayla. I did take a couple of days off to be with her and we were going to go camping...
well.... the weather was pouring RAIN all week.
We got our camp partially set up before a total down pour came, we decided to make the trek back home again because it was going to be miserable all that night and the next day.....
so the next day - we had Mikayla Day!
Out of a reasonable list of things we could go do, she chose to go to the mall. We visited the American Girl store and amazingly enough they had an opening in their bistro! That has seriously never ever happened before.
We didn't remember to bring any of our dolls but the bistro had one she could borrow so she would have a friend at the table with her!
From there we went window shopping until we hit the Vera Bradley store.... oops is the only thing I'm going to say about our visit there. Then we went to the shoe store and on and on...finally I decided I can't afford any more Mikayla day so we went home.
In the rain.....
That night we had one more surprise and that was to go see the new Cinderella movie... Oh my gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. LOVED it!!!!
So.. while attempting to completely ignore the fact we are NOT camping.... all that work, sorting, buying, cleaning and packing... you know we don't travel lightly, right - however I wasn't completely packed full because we had two cars going LOL
We finally threw in the towel and decided to go get our 1/2 set up camp and call it quits. The grounds were a MESS and we were not interested! Amazingly the camp ground office was willing to comp our entire 4 nights for another time vs. just reimbursing for one night which was our hope at a minimum. :) yay!!!
Finally it started to clear up....
It dried out a little, so we camped at home.
Roasted marshmallows and cooked popcorn chiminea style.
Set up the camp.
Mikayla was ecstatic!!! Whew... we may have salvaged the week after all....
Now tonight we have to take it down before the scheduled rain starts tomorrow....again.....
No comments:
Post a Comment