Well this first one isn't a gift she made, I made it....just for me! When we were in Destin we collected some mini shells and some mini sand.... and I changed them into an ornament we can have forever!! I started out by using cricut to cut the design out in vinyl.... adhered that to the ornament and then proceeded to fill it with the stuff we wanted to fill it with.
Mikaya wasn't sure what she wanted to make everyone this year so we came up with this. We bought some plain mugs from the store and she created her own designs with cricut to fill in and color with some oil based sharpie markers. She did 100% of the creation, I cut with my machine and adhered it to the mug, she colored it all in.
I tried my hand at some glitter iron on vinyl to a mug to see if it holds up. So far so good.
I do have to say though that our oil based markers aren't holding up very well :( we already have two to do over to see if we can get it to not wash off. (it totally wasn't supposed to wash off..... but....it is, we even followed the directions exactly, maybe I will blame the oven on it not being just right....hummmm).
Anyway we had an absolute blast with this project!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment