Background

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Birthday party #2

Now that the sickies are all over with, we were able to finally get our party rolling!

I may or may not go slightly overboard with birthday décor but I believe just as well go all the way!
 
Here was the foyer set up!
 
 
 
The kids jumped right into playing.... and they played and played and played.  We had two girls not able to come and our next door friend jumped in... and all of them had a GREAT TIME!!
 
They had dinner and went back to playing.
 
After a bit, we jumped right in and designed their craft.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After I got the vinyl cut, the applied them to their mugs.
 
 
 
After crafting they went back to playing.  I almost had to beg for them to come do birthday cake and song!  sheesh LOL
 
 
 
 
(coolest candles ever - the flame is the same color as the candle).  It was a good way to intrigue a pack of 11 year olds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then afterwards, they played.....
 
About 10:00 pm I realized it was 10:00 pm, Brandon went home so the girls changed into pj's and M opened her gifts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And then you guessed it..... they went back to playing until it was lights out time.
 
She had a MARVELOUS time!!!  Repeatedly she told me it was her best birthday ever!  Yay!! Mission accomplished.
 
We ran out of time for the chase/pop balloon game, didn't do the piñata, and didn't do the photo booth (I'm very sad about this one).... but that's ok, they had a GREAT time!!!
 
Whew!! 
 
Here are a few close ups of the décor, all of it hand made in every single spare second that we had.
 
 
 
 
We made some "sea glass" candy.
 
 
 
I added more drinks to the drink station.  I love the little water bottle wraps!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Their finish products.
 
I am soooo happy she had a great time!  I can't believe she's 11 now..... wow...... 

No comments: