Background

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A beautiful memorial

At my dad's church, every year they have a Christmas memorial service for everyone that has lost loved ones. You purchase an ornament and at the ceremony, every person is called up individualy to pay honor to their special someone and place the ornament on the tree. I hung the ornament for my sister Leslie, Michael hung the ornament for his dad and Mikayla hung the ornament for my mom. It was very special and a very touching ceremony.

For my sister I said, for my sister and best friend, this is our second Christmas without her and we miss her very much.

Michael said, for my dad, he's been gone six years and he was a really great and fun loving guy. I miss him.

For Mikayla I said, this is for her grandma, this is our third Christmas without my mom and our third Christmas with Mikayla. We miss her very much.
Mikayla hung the ornament and was so cute and intent while doing it. She has asked me before where my mom is and where Aunt Leslie is (because I talk about them and there are pictures in the house). I tell her they're in heaven, a couple of weeks ago when we were talking about Leslie and she said, "you know, I'd really like to go see her." It made me so sad.
I really wish they were here to be with us too. Here is the memorial tree. It's just a cell phone picture but it really has such special meaning.

No comments: