Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rochester, New York


Do you ever think back to a time in your life where you can very honestly say OH WOW that was such a great time!!


When we lived in Rochester - it was awesome, we had Lake Ontario at our finger tips (complete with sail boat for daily rides all summer long), beautiful spring, summer and fall weather. We were soooooo happy living there. (Now I'm not at all suggesting that we're not happy here I'm just doing a little reminiscing and thinking back to some really great times).



The roads are awesome.... just imagine them all snow covered and wintery - beautiful!






Our Lake Ontario



When we were in New York in July, we made a point to drive back through Rochester.... and it made me realize again how awesome it was to live there.



Especially when we saw this....




It was Barry's Crescent Beach the day of our wedding reception. I don't know why but when we were there, it sure went into my memory bank and brought one of the most awesome days of my life back to the forefront.



Here is is now.... the most precious wedding reception spot in the world!








When I looked at this gazebo...


This is what I saw.... and felt...and remembered!



here we are - 13 years later



Here is the house we lived in....








again...this is what I saw and felt and relived when we drove past it.


We went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner - we even sat in the same booth we used to sit in.



It was soooo good to be back there... so fun remembering... it was one of those moments/times in life that I would freeze frame it so that I don't ever forget, I'm glad we've moved and Texas has been very good to us, it was just really fun to go back in time for awhile and even more fun was that we got to take Mikayla with us and show her something incredibly special!

No comments: