Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The beginnings of a remodel....

Here is the room when we started (except we had started clearing some stuff out already before I remembered to take pictures).







Little miss took the opportunity for a tea party with Betsy using a picnic basket we got for our wedding LOL.






Let the painting party begin - the dogs were in a constant state of observing and fear that they were being left behind or something - they were constantly underfoot .... they were exhausted by the end of the weekend! LOL




It's starting to come together. Mikayla was organizing/playing as we moved in.









Getting closer......




Here's the closet :) I love the big closets we have, it holds all the clutter! Even the market fits in there!




I highly recommend the stuffed animal chain if you have a lot of animals or "parts"... they have a place to hang where they can be seen and up off the floor and out of a bin.




here are my clearance Target bins :)




Her little library..




She calls her porcelain dolls her "important" dolls, here are some of them. These were all my sisters dolls that she had collected and I have some more to add to Mikaylas stash of dolls too. :)




Here's her old room.... :( I'm sad to take her nursery apart



I wasn't going to show this...but seriously - why does cleaning up/painting make such a mess!!!! The huge mess in this room is driving me seriously insane but it doesn't really make sense to move it back into the room it will go in, just to move it out again to paint...just to move it back in again...ya know!




I then took this little table.....





and revamped it to look like this..... (fun bedside table, right?)





Here we are so far... there are still some fun things to do in there, I have a shelf to hang, pictures to make, flowers to put back up, a ballet bar to add in... and don't forget some tea sets :) when it's all done, I'll take some new pictures.







oh....and the final verdict.... Mikayla LOVE LOVE LOVES her new room.... I do too, I can't wait to get it done and make it a little girls dream come true :)

No comments: