I want to start with saying what a GREAT job I think Mikayla is doing. Of course her studies are very important, really, that's what we're paying for as far as her education goes, but it is equally important to me that Mikayla is doing well socially and knows what is appropriate and not appropriate and to gain her self confidence for the trials ahead in life.
We got her report card the other day and she is doing FANTASTIC with her school work. She got a lot of excellents and everything else was an S for satisfactory, since the beginning of school she's had only 7 to 8 mistakes on any/all of her work - which I don't think is a lot. So I'm very very very proud of her!! She even received a ribbon for Excellent conduct!!!
Every Wednesday when my dad comes over (or we go to his house) for dinner, he will sit and read a book with Mikayla. Such special times and such good memories!! I know they both love it as much as we do. (It's funny how even during "their" story time, Michael and I both sure are listening to see what happens).
Mikayla insisted that they were singing at the assembly on Friday - so I had to trust her and believe that it really was ok for her to bring her guitar to school to play during their song. They were singing "Old McDonald had a Rock Band".... and each eee i eeee i ohhhh was a different instrument. So here's our little musician on her way to school. I did send a quick note to her teacher explaining why she brought her guitar (the story how I knew it) and low and behold..... Mikayla was right, she just took it a day early.
(I love the goofy face pictures)
She LOVES to dress up....I mean seriously.... a different character/person every single day. Here's one of my favorites (well they all are, so this was my favorite of the day). Our little cowgirl. Today alone for school, she dressed up as a clown (for Halloween- the whole school is going to be dressed up as clown), she brought her pink Cinderella outfit for dance class, and then tonight she'll be a different princess for Trick or Treating....) (does this mean she is going through an identity crises?).

Pumpkin time!!! What is fall without a pumpkin carving. This is the first year she would go in the pumpkin - at first she wanted gloves but I said...no.... it's all hands this year!!! We had so much fun!!!! I love doing things like this with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment