Background

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's CAKE time!!!!


I will be the first (of many) to admit that I go crazy about the cake.... I don't know why it became so important to me but it has.... and I'm not sure that all birthdays will make me go cake crazy but well.... I have six years of cake craziness....so we'll see what happens next year ;) (currently I say I'm buying one next year...we'll see LOL)



So the process usually goes like this....



about (at least) 2 months to obsess and "plan" my cake, then the week before the birthday party goes like this:



Monday - make the frosting - at least 3 batches

Tuesday - make first layer/tier of cake

Wednesday - make 2nd layer/tier of cake (or third if necessary)

Thursday - first layer of frosting on ALL layers of cake

Friday (this year Saturday) - decorate/assemble cake (this part usually takes a LONG time) LOL



So here are Mikayla's party cakes starting with her first...(totally not at all even close to professional but it makes me happy to do it...Michael thinks I should call the bakery - one day...yes....I promise I will)


















This year my cake mixes gave me a hard time and the bottom layer cracked open on the way there but that's ok... little Miss was happy and that makes me happy (and the people liked it...so that's all that matters!) :)

No comments: