Background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Little Flower Girls

I am really so happy we joined this club. I was a bit harried this week though LOL. Truth be told I thought the meeting was this week, not last week, so I thought we had the weekend to get done what we needed to.... so she can earn her petals.... and well.... here is really how our Friday evening went.


I picked her up from school at 5:50 pm... we have to leave the house NO later than 6:15 pm in order to make it on time. So I pick her up...I tell her please no challenges, just listen to what I say...do it...and don't ask any questions, it's all to help her earn her petals...


So OH WOW...she did exactly that, on our 2 minute commute from her school to home, she memorized one bible verse (check).... got home, took care of dogs, threw an uncrustable in the toaster, we ran into the bedroom for her to change clothes, all the while repeating memorized bible verse, ran out to kitchen, made her bottle of water, got her a snack, she was getting her Little Flower bag (I leave it packed all the time for circumstances just like this and so we don't lose stuff)... I told her to sit...she did... I said draw a heart...she did... I said write some names of people you love in it (check).... so I spelled some for her and YAY another thing done on the list (see why I needed the weekend to do this).


SHOOT... FOCUS ok, dogs in the house, wrap PBJ up in a paper towel, grab her water, get me a water.... put the dogs up, run to the car..... ACK we're 1 minute behind now... but it's ok....it's going to be fine.....


Ok...now we're on the way...memorizing second bible verse (clearly these petals are very important to me LOL)... and oh oh oh oh oh racing because traffic is heavy but who am I kidding it's always heavy here.... but ok, it's going to be fine, it's OK if we get there within a minute or two....for goodness sake this is the Little Flower Girls Club...surely I should have some sort of calm and peace when we arrive not the franticness of right now. So I make sure she's eating her PBJ....memorizing...then all of a sudden I decide...welp it is what it is...she did everything I asked her to and it's my fault this is happening this way...so she's getting her petals!!!


So we get there.... and well.... the doors are locked... um WHAT!!!!


There is another lady there too and she was thinking the same thing I was that we were late and they locked us out...but no... they just lock the doors for safety so we went over to where our room is...and was able to flag someone down (by jumping up and down and waving our arms in the air) to come open the door for us - SCORE!!


We get in, I find her a seat, she gets to coloring and I plop down in a chair. One of the other moms looked at me.... I looked at her and we BUSTED out laughing... we must have had exactly the same expression on our faces, she said you know, this is the first time I got to just sit today....LOL


So all of that, the instructor was 30 minutes late (I can't imagine how her day went, she has six kids, another due next month and how she gets anywhere I will never know....)!

Here is Mikayla putting the scrapbook page she made in her book.









So PHEW....after all of that we had a great time, we crafted, we colored, we sang, we listened to a story, we prayed, we had a great time!!! I will do better for the next meeting, I will be better prepared!!! And there wasn't a petal ceremony this week because of not having enough time LOL, there will be time next month and she should get 2 petals for her flower :) I can't wait. I'm really meeting some nice ladies, there seem to be 3 of us that gravitate towards each other and have our kids sit next to each other too. It's all good!!


The virtue of the month is initiative....I will work on it too! The first thing on my list is to take the initiative to get our Little Flowers work done the weekend prior to the meeting!!

No comments: