Demolition has started!!! We are SO excited to have this phase over with.... even though it's just started.
I am SO ready to actually be able to move into our house and make it our home!! I want to hang my pictures and see my treasures again.
I'm SOOOOO ready for the mess to be over with!!!!!
Our first of many before/after pictures.
Isn't she pretty.... and heck, who doesn't have a toilet in their living room, right? hee hee
And where did all of our furniture and "stuff" we have go..... well.... in the kitchen of course LOL. It makes for getting a cup of coffee really easy in the mornings. Not to mention um.... yea...I really feel like cooking dinner in there! (are you hearing my sarcasm....) ha! I guess the dust from today's work - my cook top is almost white :(
So far today, they are scraping up all the glue to prepare it for the new wood flooring. I can't wait!!! Today is day 2 of _____...... what's your guess?? I'm guessing about 3 weeks....
We're replacing all the flooring (living room, dining room, formal living room, bedroom, bathroom, closet, toilet room, foyer, kitchen, laundry room)...phew!
Then we decided to go ahead and redo the shower walls/floor and tub in the master bathroom so that everything matches and the new flooring just was NOT going to work with the white subway tiles that are currently in there.
Which led to all new faucets (of course for the whole house...)(the existing ones are in TERRIBLE shape...I'll take pictures, you'll have to believe me!)
Which then led to all new toilets in the house because well....they're taking them out to do the flooring anyway and instead of paying someone else to come replace them after the fact... doubling the expense...just as well get new ones now. We found some that seem really neat-they are over flow protection toilets.... so THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE DARN TOILETS! (sorry for the shouty caps...)
Which then of course led to the new vanity we "need" in the powder room.
and don't forget the sheet rock repairs, new base boards and painting.... PHEW..... (I hope we make it through!)
oh and all of the above is rapidly leading to our insanity LOL!!!
I'm sure I will have a lot more pictures to share as this process continues! and let me say it again, I am SOOOO thankful we have the upstairs - we simply packed up what we need and moved up there! That floor glue though... VERY strong smelling! Wow! Like sleep with the doors closed or you'll wake up high kind of strong.....
EEEKKKKK yay it's finally happening!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment