We had our first Flower Girls meeting on Friday. It was a LOT of fun. There are a lot of new girls this year which is neat to see. It's technically the second meeting this term but we just had way too much going on last time (it was the week of the "great" flood at our new house) I just couldn't add one more thing to do that week.
So we made it this time, it was a lot of fun. Here's the view from my rear view mirror.... DANG she's far away back there, she loves the new car though. She changes seats from one ride to the next, and still hits her head every time she gets in LOL
Here is our group - we were missing about 11 little girls (its a big group). I'd say they're all happy to be there.
The virtue of the month is Hope. We can all use as much hope as we can get! Mikayla is starting her scrapbook page below.
We are so happy to be back! I hope to make it so that there is not so much rushing around to get there and be in a panic by the time we do get there.... we will arrive calm and happy and on time! I also hope that we enjoy this term as much as last term. Even more than that I hope that we will learn more and continue to grow in our faith.
Thank you to Pinterest (I love that site). Here is my inspiration for what we're going to contribute to the bake sale at Mikayla's school this week.
Here is my sample trial run :) I got the chocolate covered oreos (I couldn't find anything that looked like the cookie above)... and I attached our legs with white frosting in the middle to hold them in place and cupcake liners for the web....
It seemed like a spooktacular thing to do.... HA!!! Hopefully they all turn out cute!
Home update: We will have our final flooring selections made this week (today/tomorrow?) and demo can start later this week or next week. We need to pick out new bathroom faucets (home improvement project changed a bit from necessity (new flooring and Sheetrock repairs and base boards) to a bit more than that. So we hope that we can get it going and that we stay in budget.
I'm ready to unpack and fully move into our new home!!! I am SO thankful that in spite of everything that's happened, we were able to move upstairs and completely abandon/ignore the area that was damaged the most and have a peaceful place to sleep at night. At least I'm getting my upstairs projects taken care of even though it's driving me beyond nuts to not be able to work downstairs and get settled in. I guess all in due time!
I hope we all have a great week!!







No comments:
Post a Comment