Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ferry time!!!

Shockingly...I did indeed say Ferry and not Fairy.... hee hee!  The Tooth Fairy will visit us again soon and for the last time for a few years (boo) but this time I am talking about the Ferry!

We are relocating our boat to a different marina (about 5 hour sail ride from where we currently are but only about 15-20 min drive further) so while we are getting our ducks in a row (pun intended) for the "big move" we have been tootling around the new area.  We have had the boat in it's current area for 11-12ish years.... we're ready to explore some new areas. 

We will be very near this ferry and decided to take a ride :)   We only had to wait about 5 minutes until we could board.  We walked right on!


As we were leaving another ferry was arriving.


AMAZING day out there, it was cool temperature wise and OHHHH so windy!!  It was too windy to take the sail boat out (meaning with a 7 year old along we didn't want to scare the you know what out of her from being on a crazy ride).

I kept repeating...birdy birdy in the sky....please don't poopy in my eye....the pelicans and sea gulls were out in force.


The Coast Guard station is right near our new area too, praying we won't ever need their services.


There was a stow-away on board.


This is what we looked like if that had been us.... LOL 


They can load up to 60 cars at a time on these bad boys!




I want one of these (pic below)




I love the way those houses in the distance look.  It looks like vacation there!


Best part of the day, right here!!  We had a great, fun, busy, unscheduled, unplanned day!!  It was awesome!! 

No comments: