I can't believe I am even writing that!!!!!
However, everything went off without a hitch, thank goodness!!
Oh, should I mention, I'm not talking about houses, I'm talking about marina's...hee hee.
We decided we've set sail for almost 12 years in one location so we wanted to change up it a little bit and rekindle some learning and new interest so we moved on down the lake...rather down the Houston ship channel...rather the bay...well you get what I'm saying. We moved down to Galveston. It's approximately 35ish minutes by car to get there from Clear Lake...but it was 5+ hours by boat.
Quite a bit of planning was involved because we had to be strategic in our arrangements, so what we did was bright and early Saturday morning, we drove 2 cars to Galveston to the new marina. We set up bumpers and dock lines because we didn't know what the conditions would be like when we made it there (it was supposed to be wickedly windy). We left one car there and backtracked to the current marina, packed up the rest of what we had there (hose, electric cords, etc) and then......
We waited a little while because of the FOG!! Oh my gosh it was soooo thick!!! Then we decided to go ahead and leave becasue we could see our immediate area, we stopped by the gas station first to top off the tank and then off we went for our big adventure.
Mikayla was so happy to be driving - she loves it!! of course one of us is right by her at all times but she really does a great job!
Bye Marina....thank you!!!
Bye for now, I'm 100% positive we'll be back this way even if it's only by land and not by sea.
Love that motor boat!! I have got to get me one of those!!
Ok...... so now.... it's just us.....
a map....
and the fog......
Yes, it's still pretty thick but most of the way we could see the next marker we were heading for.
Then we had some visitors!!! I got so excited.... little missy missed it though...she was busy at the time....
This is what she was doing. She SACKED out!! wow, I was getting nervous she was coming down with something because for her to nap for 3 hours these days is unheard of. It was a combination of the fresh sea air and the motor running.
I loved the reflection of the marker in the water....we're getting closer now!!
We had some more company....
It was SO quiet out there.... it was SO awesome out there. I'm not afraid to make a journey any more. Meanwhile.... Mikayla was still sleeping.
We were prepared, at first I didn't really know how to read the map.....
or the GPS
I can't say I'm an expert but I definitely am a bit more comfortable with it now. It was pretty neat being able to get our exact latitude and longitude from the GPS and then look on the map to see exactly where we were.
We saw quite a few more dolphins, of course making it a big deal and fun for Mikayla once she was up, clearly the dolphins were welcoming us to our new boat home.
We're almost there!!
Below is the ferry we rode a couple weekends ago. Now we're in the water with it!!
Welcome to our almost new home (we will officially be in a different slip - they are building brand new floating docs and are waiting on the permit from the city to run electric, so for now, this is where we are!!!
Right outside the marina, there was a dolphin that I kid you not was RIGHT under/by our boat, we were so excited because Mikayla was on that side of the boat at that time and she even got to look in the dolphins eye it was so close! She is fired UP about that and is convinced they came to see her and say welcome! Our closest encounter so far!
So there we have it, we're all moved, we are happy to be there and can't wait to explore our new area and get to be as familiar with it as we were with our other area.
Then after we got more permanent dock lines all set, electric plugged in, boat rinsed off, we drove to get the other car from the other marina and made the treck home. Thank goodness we didn't leave one set of car keys in the wrong car!! All in all our day started at about 6:30 am and we got home at 10:30 pm.... phew! what a day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment