Background

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Easter!!

Wow, I got a little behind in posts but don't worry, they'll be coming!
 
We started our Easter by dying our eggs!!! It is always so much fun!!!!  It's kind of sad when it's all over! 
 
 
 
Well.....there it is again...that secret egg!!  the one that as tradition has it...isn't hardboiled but yet is included in the dying process.....
 
 
 
Mikayla is in on the secret this year!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had Easter Eve over at my brother-in-law/sister-in-law's house.  The kids all got to go swimming!!  
 
 
that big ol pool and the kids were in a clump playing together!  isn't that hilarious.  The dog kept jumping in the pool with them too, he got in trouble!
 
 
 
The men were preparing the meat..... YIKES!!! 
 
 
 
We hid some eggs in the courtyard - the kids LOVED it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Colored some eggs
 
 
It was an insanely FUN night!!!!  Seriously a great time!!
 
Easter Morning! after church (We got to the church at 6:30 am…. And would you believe the church was PACKED!!! We were shocked!! So we went ahead and went into the overflow room (they had a second area all set up for double services to happen at the same time, we decided that the visitors could have our seats and maybe they’ll come back more often J I was surprised it was so busy but it was AWESOME!!!
 
When we got home..... THE EASTER BUNNY HAD ALREADY COME!!! 
 
 
 
She found her bunny eggs!
 
 
Ice cream for breakfast.....why not.....
 
 
Mikayla was SOOOOOOO into getting ready for our Easter dinner, she set the table all by herself, she peeled potatoes, she made French onion dip...that one threw her for a loop because I was letting her do it by herself...she was fired up and kept telling me that she couldn't believe I was taking her so seriously.  SO seriously!
 
 
She also said she was the best party planner that there was!
 
 
A few extra pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We made some panoramic eggs!  TOTALLY fun, I'm addicted and so is Mikayla and I think we started a new tradition for us!
 
Start with sugar and egg white.
 
 
Mold it, dry it slightly, scoop out the insides.....
 
 
Put them together....
 
 
Add your scene inside and decorate with frosting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
FUN!!!
 
 
 
Seriously - this was one of the best Easter's we have had in a long time.  It was everything I wanted and needed it to be.  It didn't feel quite so lonely this year!  yay!!!  Truly GREAT times and memories!!

No comments: