Well, what can I say. I LOVE doing these projects.... Some may say I enjoy it wayyyy too much but that's ok because I didn't do these things as a kid so now I know a little more than I did then and get to do them now!
Mikayla's school was doing a science fair...and having never been to one, I hit up pinterest for ideas....who am I kidding, I would have gone there anyway!
We - yes WE, Mikayla was very involved in her project..... we chose soap monsters!
What we did was purchase four different kinds of soap and microwave them for two minutes....and documented what happened.
Mikayla carefully measured and weighed the bars prior to microwaving and again afterwards.
The results were very fascinating! The only thing I'm not a fan of is our food/drinks tasting like soap from "cooking" soap in the microwave.... one month later and it STILL smells like soap. Michael is not thrilled with me.
OOPS
Then after we accumulated all of our data. Mikayla and I wrote her report and got her display board all set up.
Here is the end result! She's READY for the fair to begin!
She truly did the work, I helped with the layout and some ideas but she did it! (much to my crafty dismay she was doing our project, humph).
Her board generated LOT of interest and conversation. That was really neat to see!
At the end of the day she won the "Most Creative Board" award and was also mentioned in the weekly school newsletter. She wasn't happy that she didn't win to advance to the next round but for our first fair...I'm thrilled we won anything at all!!!
It was a good time!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment