Background

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A few more house things.....

My time off from work was really very productive!

I'm so excited.  Prepare for some before/afters :) 

Here is Bob's dining room. 


And then it became this (below).


then this....


And now.... :)  we were able to have Christmas and every day since then in our new dining room.  It is SO nice, it's really a great room to hang out in.  We still have some projects to do (paint/rug/glass for cabinet/window treatments) but for now - we will call it done!!!! 


Bob's guest room #2


Mikayla's play room #1 (same room as above LOL)


The empty wall space below is where her projector shines (yes, the school projector that Katie gave her last year - Mikayla has a lot of kids to teach and this is her classroom).  This room - we can call it done for now, I will be changing/making/adding wall art, we are in desperate need of a projector cart and from the time these pictures were taken, she had a week of home play days/Christmas happened and the projector and full size floor easel has come up.  So it's a bit bombish right now but it looks good in the pictures LOL



We added shelving in the closet!   3/4 of the bins are really empty I just put some things in there to make her think I didn't get rid of anything - worked like a charm.


Bobs guest room #1


turned into Mikayla's bedroom #1,  in her room, I just want to freshen up the paint (same color though - I love it) and figure out/make some art for the walls - not too much, just a bit :)  her room is so peaceful and WONDERFUL and full of fairy dreams and princess fun.







I took the lamp shade below....


Embellished it a little bit....


two times.....


And updated our bedside lamps.  For the lamps themselves.  I spray painted the clear glass with some "looking glass" spray, a few light coats, I sprinkled the lamps with water in between coats to get that Mercury glass look (I need to get better at the "before" pics...this was clear glass with gold trim and light kit).




The finished product.

And the biggest change this week.... is below.... well, I intentionally didn't take a before although just for fun I should have.   Take the garage below.... add in a single garage storage of stuff...and put it in there.  That is where we started from.  But don't forget to throw in all the extra construction stuff we had done, boxes, 5 inches of dust from the guy sanding/cutting with the garage door OPEN..... things of that nature.  It was a SERIOUS beast.....


and now..... both cars fit...all has been sorted except for 2 areas which we should be able to go right through.  Considering the amount of time spent doing this...what is left is peanuts.  So we can't call it done done but we sure can call it MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! 

We can both park inside now and that hasn't been the case for YEARS.... the shelving at the other house was too big so Michael's car didn't fit so stuff accumulated... but now both fit!!  WOO HOO!!!!  Can you believe it!  Look at that!!!!!


WOO HOO!!!!!!

No comments: