Background

Monday, January 28, 2013

We started out our weekend with an amazingly fabulous sail boat ride!!! 


Then as we got closer to the bay.... well....in rolled the fog, we drove through a lot of fog getting down there, it was clear in the marina...but not so much out here..... 





It was so cool!!  I was a bit nervous at first but being that we didn't end up hitting anything - I was feeling pretty good! 


Then it started clearing up again!  WOO HOO!


 Naturally little miss wanted to drive - she does a really good job.


When we looked the other direction- oh wow...there were a bunch of boats out that we had NO idea were there in the fog.... LOL  but again - so happy we didn't hit anything! 


Then we have officially started our garden.  All of us are ridiculously excited about our little area to grow some fresh fruits and vegetables.  We put out some tomato cages just as "place holders" so we knew where we wanted them to go. 

Mikayla loved putting out whatever this kind of bug be gone stuff she's squirting in there....



My dad is having just as much fun!!!


Oh.....wow, I'm growing something in my garden already.....what is that?


OHHHHHHH it's a Mikayla tree :)  my favorite kind ;)


We planted some sweet Texas onion, lettuce, radishes, turnips, spinach, broccoli and carrots to start with.  We're at the tail end of lettuce and spinach season but we should get at least one picking :)



AHHHHHH I can't wait - I told Mikayla that she's not to pull up the plants to see how big the food is getting - I may have to tell myself that too HA!!!

No comments: