Background

Friday, April 12, 2013

Before......and After (house pictures-slight updates)

Well it's been a little bit since I did a small house update.  We have been busy!!!  (although looking back at the pictures it doesn't seem like it's been too much - since construction ended but yet at the same time it has been). 

So starting with Bob's house... here is is front yard/porch area.
 


It's ours now!!!

And now, can you tell any difference?  Look closer..... We did different stuff with the landscaping!!  We removed all the dead brush/bushes and the two trees that were blocking the entry way, of course we have the swing hanging and rocking chair too, we changed out all the mulch and planted flowers!  LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!   It's not totally where we want it to be be but we figure it will take a few years to get it exactly how we want it!  but YAY!!!




Another huge transition were the fireplaces (one fireplace - 2 sided).  Below is Bob's fireplace - kitchen side.


Then....

Bob's fireplace - living room side

Then......



And now OUR fireplace - kitchen side.  Isn't the stone pretty!!

And fireplace living room side.


Bob's kitchen (note - I really need to take updated kitchen pictures LOL)

Kitchen without the not so lovely white 6x6 tiles with horribly dirty grout lines that were in there.

New travertine flooring.


ahhhhhhhh

Bob's


Ours.


Bob's formal living room.   



Then ours - prior to water damage, we are not making/utilizing this room as a formal living room but rather a functional room.  We have a counter height table in there-  great for working, crafting, eating, watching tv...and so on it.is.awesome!   Here are some of the beginning phases.


The cabinet below.... well....

The color just wasn't working - so I stained it to match the darker one.

I have two of them.


Before - see the drastic color difference.


and after.

Yes I had to put all that stuff back away!   I learned a LOT while staining these cabinets.  One - it took over a week to fully dry before I could put my stuff away.  That happened for two reasons, one it was horribly humid out and raining - not the best time to stain and two, LIGHT coats.... soak, wipe off.  Reapply - do not do one thick coat and wait....   so next time will be a bit easier/better/faster (hopefully).   More to come with this room!



Bob's master bedroom. 

The only picture I have of our bedroom prior to water damage, this picture is from moving day. 

And not to be mean...but below is a teeny snippit of the transformation.... more to come when it's completely finished.  We have the new flooring, painted, new bedding, new curtains ahhhhh total resort!  Not totally completed yet but getting there.  


There we have it for now....... much much more to come :)

No comments: