Oh what a JOYFUL Easter we have had this year.
And then when we got home, Mikayla and I were in the bedroom picking up and Michael was at his desk upstairs working and OH MY GOSH the doorbell rang, we ran to see who it was and lo and behold, the Easter Bunny came and left some eggs to hunt and a basket of goodies.
She didn't even look in her basket before she started hunting! She was SO SO SO excited!!
She's getting so grown up on me.
It was a super small group (just the 4 of us) and I had thrown out there to the men (my dad and Michael) about what we should do.
Option 1 - Cook a big ol dinner and invite a ton of people over to share with us
or
Option 2 - make reservations at a really nice restaurant and just go out and enjoy the day without all the work.
What did they choose???
They chose Option 2 - without question - hands down they both said "lets go out".
Ok!! Katie recommended a really REALLY nice restaurant in College Station to us so that is where we decided to go!
Naturally a special child friendly cocktail had to be ordered (Shirley Temple) complete with a cherry on top (hence the stem sticking out of her mouth LOL)
It was so bright out but was sort of raining - so weird! So we're all glary but rain dropped on LOL
It was so special in so many ways. It still makes me really sad that our group is so small now :( it's really hard to lose your people.
Mikayla's friend next door told her that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist....UGH, she told Michael and the next day we were all talking about it together. I told her that everyone's house has a different kind of magic.
Our house has the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny...that IS the special magic at our house. Everyone's magic is a bit different, and it's ok that he thinks that, we just have our own magic just as they have their own. Michael was totally silent during my magic rant and then he piped up...yea...it's our own magic.... I felt like I was talking them both off the ledge....LOL
She hasn't mentioned it again...and well, it's true, this IS our own kind of magic. I love making and watching it happen. It's what I dreamed of for so long before we were blessed with her. So even as she gets older we will still always have our own kind of magic.
Always.........
No comments:
Post a Comment