Background

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We had to let her go...... Our Allie.

Allie (Indian name - big bump on head) (or Allie Baba) (Lady Bug) - list of names is endless.

Our precious Allie.

There are no words to describe or thank her for all she did for us through the years.

She was my baby before I had one
She was as neurotic as they come - seriously....


She loved her raw-hide bones.


She loved her stuffed animals.... and why she chewed the nose off of every single one, I'll never know.

She could shake - left hand and right!!  (yes we're easily amused)


She LOVED camping - to know us, you know we pack a lot when we go camping but Allie decided that she needed her own camp chair around the fire (adding to what we needed to bring, which of course we did)....so at the time there were two humans, with three camp chairs so everyone had one.  Then when there were three humans...there were 4 chairs and so on......













She definitely loved cuddles- if you would cuddle her, she would be your best friend!!


Then she needed a friend, we felt she was lonely.
She needed a sister.

So the two of them Allie and Abbie became inseparable...... I can't say they always got along but they loved a good game of as we call it at our house, "grab a$$"  or "grab butt"





Then our little group of 4 became 5 - Thank You God!!  (Allie on the left, Abbie on the right)









Time went on.....





She loved cuddles and sleeping more and more



She was a big talker, she would tell me all about her day, I would actually ask her and she'd report in, it was hilarious.  She would also talk to you when you said the words "Obe One Kinobe".... I have no idea why - she'd turn her head side to side..... and then start talking to you....

Always happy to lay in the way of a project hee hee. 


More and more cuddles.



Every night for the last couple weeks of her life, this is how they slept (I came and covered them but they were really together like that).



The big bump on head (Indian name) was completely benign - just a bump....



It's so hard to lose her....

We would feed her one bite at a time to make sure she took her medicine and that she would actually eat.

We miss her like crazy and all her crazy ways....

It's SO quiet without her....so quiet.

We each have our own grief....

but this.... when Mikayla would give her lovings (Allie loved when Mikayla would talk with her). 




and this.....


add to my sadness.

Mikayla "gets it", she understands that Allie is gone, she still cries for her, the only thing she asked for was to get her ashes back, we hadn't planned on doing that but we did it for her.  

Poor Abbie....she is still looking for her, her eating is still hit or miss, still more misses than hits, she still sniffs around for her.... and then she goes to bed like the picture above, it's so sad.  She has major abandonment issues (yes the dog does...she's a rescue and has never fully recovered from her previous trauma)..... so we are pouring on the love to her, it's all we can do. 

Our Beloved Allie - may she rest in peace.

August 1999 - March 24, 2013




1 comment:

The Eckers said...

Oh I am so sorry!! I am crying :-(
I know how it is to lose a pet, and it is not easy. There are still times I will be at my moms house and look for Muffy(cat).